The syllabus for the Advanced Certificate includes:
● General principles of corporate governance.
● Legal and regulatory aspects of corporate governance.
● Codes and reports on corporate governance.
● Application of governance rules and principles.
● Role of the company secretary.
● The board of directors/board of governors.
● Remuneration of directors and senior executives.
● Reporting to shareholders and external audit.
● Relations with shareholders.
● Risk management and internal control.
● Corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Assessment is via a three hour exam, taken online in June or Nov/Dec.
Note: The syllabus, exam and our course are the same as for the Corporate Governance module of the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme.
As well as our tuition fees, you need to pay a one-off fee to The Chartered Governance Institute for registration, study text and exam entry (currently £1560)